My latest obsession: Curry chicken rice, all in one pot.
Nothing easy than a one pot dish. Fewer bowls to wash! That brings about the obsession.
Because eating is nicer than washing dishes
There is rice, chicken, carrots and green beans spiced with curry, ginger and garlic. It is a happy meal.
Feel free to add any vegetable of choice, add less curry or more as you want, gather patience for 25 minutes and get a spoon. If that is even necessary.
- 1/3 kg chicken cut into desired sizes
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 3-4 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups/ 390g rice
- 2 cups/ 600ml water adjust according to brand of rice
- 1/2 - 1 tablespoon curry
- 1 bayleaf
- 3 medium sized carrots chopped
- 10 medium sized green beans chopped
Wash chicken and pat dry. Add in curry, ginger and garlic. Wash rice and set aside.
Heat a saucepan with oil. Drop in chicken pieces, allowing it to brown but not cooked through. Remove chicken from sauce pan. Add in rice, curry, carrots, green beans, bay leaf and salt. Stir and add water and chicken pieces, adding the stock from the chicken as well.
Bring rice to a boil. Immediately, it boils over, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 20- 25 minutes till all the water is absorbed and rice is cook through. Switch of the heat, let rice rest for about 5 minutes and fluff with a fork.