It’s a Tuesday and my fishermen on the coast aren’t fishing today. Ironically, I am posting a fish recipe.
This is a simple baked fish but it is filled with so much goodness you will fall in love at just the first bite.
Here is the deal about this fish:
- It has garlic, yes garlic, the best spice in the whole world for meats if I am safe to say that.
- It has rosemary, oh dear rosemary. I am loving rosemary a lot nowadays and I think I put it in almost anything 🙂
- Not forgetting pepper, we love it with grounded black pepper or red pepper flakes. If you feeling the heat, chop up green chillies or scotch bonnet and put on top.
- And oil, a generous amount of oil and lemon juice to break the fish up to absorb all the goodness of the garlic, rosemary and pepper.
Then bake! Now, serve the fish with etse, or banku or fried yam with grinded pepper or maybe akyeke!
I am Nzema by my love for akyeke.
- 2 medium sized fish preferably pink perch popularly called red fish
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon oil plus extra to greese the pan
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Remove scales and guts from fish, wash and pat dry. Mix the other ingredients together and pour over fish.
Let it marinate for 10 - 15 minutes. Whiles marinating, pre-heat an oven to 180°C or 350°F. Grease a baking pan with oil or line a baking pan with baking paper. When marinating is done, put fish on baking pan and bake for 12-15 minutes or till fish is cooked through. Serve with any carbohydrate of choice for a full meal.
Side note: I have been watching a lot of Filipino soap opera lately, specifically the promise. (Serato de amor) .
Yes, raise your hand if you loved that Yna Angelo Eduado Claudia Amor drama that took over our television sets a decade ago. Now I hear it is kumkum……. Hmmm…