Life drama took me away for more than a week now 🙁
And I am bouncing back with this roasted curry chicken. Goodness! It is so good.
A little bit about the basic ingredients;
- Yogurt: Using yogurt for marinades is fairly new to me but trust me it is incredible in this marinade. It helps tenderise the meat and all the spices are well absorbed. However, marinating longer for instance overnight, leads to a very tender and soft meat. If want it softer, go for it. I would go with at most four hours.
- Green chillies: Green chilli gives a nice taste and aroma and heat to the roasted chicken. Plus I have more than I can use now so onto the marinade it goes. Feel free to add more or less to marinade.
- Curry powder: This is the core of the chicken. If you love curry, you will be in curry heaven whiles eating this.
- Garlic and spring onions: These two add up to make a succulent chicken. The first time I made this, I didn’t have spring onions so I omitted it. Not much difference is felt when the spring onions is omitted. But, I am not leaving it out of this again! It is good.
Now let’s roast some chicken, ignore life shows!
- 1kg chicken
- 4 coves garlic
- 1 1/2 - 2 tablespoon curry powder adjust to taste
- 4 green chillies adjust for extra heat
- 2 spring onions
- 1/2cup/ 120ml plain yougurt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Wash chicken and pate dry. Blend the other ingredients together and pour over chicken. Let it marinate in the refrigerator for about four hours.
Preheat the oven to 200°C or 390°F. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil and top with a cooling rack or oven rack.
Remove the chicken from the marinade, place on the rack in the sheet pan. Bake until cooked through for about 30 to 40 minutes or till done.
See you there!